How Can We Help You
Domestic violence is an increasingly common occurrence. Many behaviours can constitute domestic violence, including physical, emotional or economic abuse. If you have experienced domestic violence in your relationship, you might be able to make an application for a Domestic Violence Order.
- Make your application for a Protection Order;
- Prepare your affidavits
- Advise you of your rights and obligations throughout the process
- Represent you in court
- Challenge an application for a protection order made against you
- Apply to vary the conditions of a protection order, whether you are the aggrieved or the respondent
- Provide independent legal advice as to your rights and obligations where the Police have applied for a protection order on your behalf.
Our office regularly works alongside and advises lawyers in other practice areas, such as family lawyers, in relation to the practical effect of a protection order or allegations of a breaching offence where our clients have concurrent legal matters in the Family Court jurisdiction.
Whatever the issue, we are on your side.